Sunday, May 22, 2011

Not a diet.. A new way of living.

I recently lost 2 inches off my hips, 1/2 inch off my waist, 1 inch off each thigh, and lost 7 pounds. 6 months ago, I felt like I was stuck in a rut and nothing was changing no matter what I did.. I was convinced that I was at the smallest my body could get by being healthy. I could see that I had a lot of fat, although I was thin.. there has to be a way to get rid of that right? Well with help of my boyfriend, LA fitness, my dad and mom giving me advice and helping me work towards a healthier and more fit body. And the movie Food, inc I feel really changed my way of living.

I am now peskitarian. I don't eat actual animal meat, I still eat cheese, egg whites, seafood, milk, etc. I cut out the actual meat because I have found that there are many leaner forms of protein and iron and fats. The food they feed animals now days and steriods, anti biotics, etc all go into our system. If I was eating a cow's meat that grew up on a farm eating grass I would probably eat it. I don't find it healthy the way the markets are mass producing these meats. One bowl of spinach is a days work serving of iron, and by eating seafoods, nuts, egg whites, etc I am getting plenty of proteins and leaner fats. I have felt a HUGE change since I started this.. I feel lighter, im rarely bloated, I have a faster metabolism.

I also work out every single day. Occasionally I will take on day off.. I try to target one muscle group each day and develop a routine. I never spend more then 45 min to an hour a day in the gym. I try to do 30-45 min of cardio twice a week as well. Doing this in the mornings works best for me because I have more energy and it jump starts my metabolism for the day. Also if you are working out on a not much in your tummy, you body is burning your fat rather then the food you ate all day. I try to do the sauna every day as well at least for 10 mins, it's so good to sweat and clear your pores, etc.

I used to tell myself NO CARBS, NO breads, pasta's, etc. but now that I am working out so much more I need carbs to burn.. I usually have toast or something earlier in the day.

I stopped stressing so much about what I am eating.. if every day I am eating something in a small proportion that has some form of nutrients then I am fine.. over indulging or empty calories are what I stay away from. I am eating a lot less more times a day.. so my meals are very little and I am always snacking. I think eating 3 big meals a day is not good for your metabolism. The older we get the slower it gets.. snacking is the way to go! The smaller amounts of each food you eat the more types of food you can try in a day, I love this idea!

Vitamins. I take Calcium (all women should), multi-vita (everyone should), Vitamin D, & Acidophilus. I also recommend fish oil to help with hair & nails. If I skip a day, I notice a huge difference.. I am very fatigued and lazy.. I believe it's impossible to take in as many nutrients we are supposed to in a day unless we were all on 6,000 calorie diets.. Taking your vitamins fills all the missing spots each day.

Sugar, my addiction. I have a serious issue with sweets, I constantly crave them! Usually when I am craving them, I will have yogurt, tea with honey, try to find something that has sugar but also some nutrients as well. My biggest lesson I learned though, is the more I tell myself NO i can not have something the more I crave it.. If I just fix my craving, taking in enough to satisfy the craving then I don't crave it again for months.

You have to WANT to be healthy, not force it.

This is what worked for me, it will be different for everyone. Talk with a nutritionist or trainer for what works best for your body type!

No comments:

Post a Comment